I know that I recently wrote an article on how to churn credit cards. Here are the steps to apply to one for those that have not done so before.
1. Know Your Credit Score
If you’re looking to apply for a new credit card, the quality of your credit history will determine whether or not you’ll be approved. A score of 700 or above will generally get you approved for any personal or business card.
I usually use CreditKarma to check your credit score. Link is here.
If you’ve never had a credit card before, your credit score will generally be low (due to the lack of history). I would then start with cards that require little or no credit.
- Capital One® Platinum Credit Card
- Discover it® Secured
- Capital One® Secured Mastercard®
- Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- OpenSky® Secured Visa® Credit Card
- First Progress Platinum Elite Mastercard® Secured Credit Card
2. Applying Online
Simply do a search engine query for the card that you want to apply for.
3. Fill out your personal information on the credit card company website.
Tip: If you’re applying for a business card and don’t have a tax EIN number, just simply use your social security number in its place.
4. If you’re approved, you should receive the card within the next 7-10 days to your mailing address.
5. If you plan on churning credit cards, meet the minimum spend on your existing card and wait 2-3 months before applying for another one.